Director: Hannah Argo
The financial aim of the university is clearly stated in our strategic framework and underpins all of the ambitions outlined in the plan – to be a university that is financially sustainable with excellent financial stewardship that continues to make strategic investment in the future.
The Finance Department is responsible for providing professional advice and information on all of the financial matters affecting the University and its companies.
Finance consists of the following subteams.
- Accounts Payable: ensure all supplier, staff and student payments are processed in line with university policies. Supplier payments follow the Procurement regulations, and requisitions.
- External queries can be directed to Payments@ljmu.ac.uk
- Accounts Receivable: manage all University sales invoicing working closely with Academic Registry, the team manage student tuition fees, payments and commercial activity income.
- Corporate Systems Support Team: provide help and systems support on financial and HR systems
- Enterprise and Research: work with the Research and Innovation Services team (RIS) and academic colleagues to support research and enterprise activity
- Financial Accounts: provide financial control of the university’s assets and liabilities, tax and statutory compliance
- Insurance: work with our insurance provider and manage insurance queries or potential claims
- Business Partnering and Decision Support: Provide financial business partnering to Professional Services and Faculties, financial performance reporting and KPI’s, support pricing and costing and other strategic analysis
- Payroll and Pensions: ensure that University Staff are paid on time and accurately
- Procurement: support efficient and effective procurement
Further guidance is available for LJMU internal (staff) use on our internal Finance website.
Internal (staff) queries should be directed via the helpdesk.