Physiological determinants of power in footballers
Help us in our research study
We would like to invite you to take part in our research project investigating the physiological determinants of power in footballers and how this relates to fatigue.
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Between 18-25 years old
- Recreationally-active footballers
- Free from any lower limb injury in the past three months
The participation in the study is short and requires:
- A one hour familiarisation session
- A two hour testing session
- Testing and familiarisation: involves assessment of calf muscle strength, muscle size measurements of the calf using ultrasound and a series of jumps and sprints as measures of power
- Undergoing a fatiguing protocol of the calf muscles
Benefits of participating:
- From this testing you can receive an individual physiological profile that relates to your ability produce power in a variety of movement. This would include information relating to your muscle size, strength, ability to produce rapid force and the elastic nature of your tendon
- You can also gain an insight into the research currently being conducted in elite footballers
To find out more about this study, download the participation information sheet. If you would like to ask any questions or participate please contact: Nathan Thornhill or David Robshaw.