Delta Fluid Products
Our Knowledge Transfer Partnership helped develop a product that could increase Delta Fluid Products' sales by £3.75 million per year
The partner organisation
Delta Fluid Products, which became part of Crane Services following this Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP), is one of the country’s leading specialists in the field of controls, valves and gases. Based in St Helens, Merseyside, the company employs some 220 people with a turnover of around £14 million.
The purpose of the Delta Fluid Products KTP was to introduce advanced design tools to the design of a two-stage gas regulator. This work would expand the company’s product range and embed better product development techniques, helping to strengthen the Delta Fluid Product's market position and secure its future.
Excellent results were achieved. The design and manufacture of gas pressure regulator products were revolutionised. For example, functional simulation was integrated into the design process, resulting in reduced costs in design and development. The new medium-pressure regulator developed as part of the KTP was predicted to increase sales by £3.75 million per year within three years.
"Over the next three years, the impact of this KTP is likely to be significant, with the improved low-pressure regulator being released and the entirely new medium-pressure regulator being launched. Both these products have enormous potential, with combined market sizes estimated in the millions."
- The KTP exceeded expectations and was designated “Outstanding” by external assessors from AEA (now Innovate UK)
- Delta Fluid Products are now able to design better products to much shorter timescales and deliver them to market without costly design and development iterations
- The Delta Fluids Product KTP was a double-award-winning project, winning a National KTP Award – Best EPSRC-Funded Partnership
- The Associate, Gareth Black, was awarded the Business Leader of Tomorrow by AEA (now Innovate UK)
- Gareth Black, the Associate, accepted a full-time role within the company as Technical Manager for Gas Products
- Liverpool John Moores University and Delta Fluid Products have continued their relationship and a new KTP proposal was approved, with Gareth Black moving up to a company supervisor position
How we handle your data
We will use the information in this form to process and respond to your request and to comply with our legal obligations.
For further information as to how we handle your data, please see the Information Compliance Privacy Notice.