GERI Outreach Project helped JP Imaging secure key funding
JP Imaging Ltd formed with the intention to combine the R&D expertise of the former Kodak and Agfa R&D leaders. Their aim was to create a novel lithographic plate technology, which would make a significant technical and environmental contribution to the printing plate industry.
Pushing the technological boundaries
JP Imaging Ltd is developing further novel technological solutions for the lithographic industry after successfully developing the world’s first rewritable lithographic printing plate - miracle plate. The miracle plate's print performance is the same as with any other grained and anodised aluminium plate. Once the plate has been printed, the ink is removed.
The GERI Outreach team provide a professional service focused on industrial needs. We recently submitted an application to the Technology Strategy Board and we are delighted that this was successfully funded. This wouldn't have been possible without the support from GERI and we look forward to working with GERI on this project and on future collaborations.
Building on previous technical working relations coupled with the grant funding experience of the GERI Outreach Project, JP Imaging Ltd teamed up with GERI to build a consortium capable of delivering a technical feasibility study and writing a competitive proposal to the Technology Strategy Board.
Services GERI provided
As part of the project, GERI offered the following services to JP Imaging Ltd:
- Identified suitable funding sources
- Developed a consortium for the project across the supply chain
- Provided technical solutions for JP Imaging
- Grant writing and project negotiations
The outcome of the JP Imaging Ltd project included:
- JP Imaging successfully secured £175,984 from a feasibility study funded by the Technology Strategy Board in April 2014
- This is the second tranche of funding JP Imaging Ltd has secured to develop this technology and they will be seeking to commercialise this following the completion of the project
Having worked with members of the GERI team for ten years, they have always been highly supportive of JP Imaging's requirements for R&D and provide a personal approach to supporting company needs.