Risktec Solutions and LJMU took part in a Knowledge Transfer Partnership that was ranked outstanding by the National KTP Awards
Risktec Solutions is a safety and risk management consulting company. The company assists clients in major hazard industries and commercial sectors to manage safety and business risk.
Risktec Solutions received an increasing number of client requests asking for the provision of training in safety and risk management topics.
Through the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project, the company aimed to move into this market by developing and delivering specialist training courses in safety and risk assessment. The courses would target the oil, gas, railway, nuclear and defence industries.
Initially, the concept was to develop a menu of training modules that clients could select from, but, as the project progressed, Risktec Solutions realised that the market would be better served by offering structured programmes leading to postgraduate qualifications.
This led to the development of the Risk and Safety Management programme, which offers qualifications to MSc. The programme is delivered by Risktec Solutions’ consultants, who are all practising risk professionals. The programme is accredited by Liverpool John Moores University and is approved by IChemE as meeting the knowledge and understanding requirements for IChemE’s Professional Process Safety Engineer qualification.
Prior to starting the KTP, Risktec Solutions were conducting around £100,000 of training business a year. After the KTP, Risktec Solutions were conducting around £600,000 of training business a year, according to Steve Lewis.
- The KTP exceeded expectations and was ranked outstanding by the National KTP Awards, making it one of the top 7% of KTPs in the country
- The KTP went on to win Best KTP in the North West at the National KTP Awards
- Risktec Solutions now offer postgraduate qualifications in risk and safety management, which are validated by LJMU
- The associate accepted a position with the company at the end of the project and was the first programme leader for the Risktec Solutions MSc franchise
- Risktec Solutions and Liverpool John Moores University continue to develop their relationship following the end of the KTP, with a number of accredited training programmes in risk and safety management developed and delivered
"As a direct result of this KTP, Risktec Solutions is now the only commercial provider of a university-validated MSc in the fast growing field of risk and safety management for high-hazard industries, which is jointly delivered with LJMU lecturers."
How we handle your data
We will use the information in this form to process and respond to your request and to comply with our legal obligations.
For further information as to how we handle your data, please see the Information Compliance Privacy Notice.