Liverpool City Council
Experts from LJMU worked with Liverpool City Council and delivered a series of adult social care workshops
As a result of a competitive tender against 30-plus organisations, LJMU’s School of Applied Social and Community Studies was selected to develop and deliver a series of one, two and four-day adult social care workshops for Liverpool City Council. The workshops included the following:
- Mental health awareness
- Parkinson's disease awareness
- Manual handling
- Drugs awareness
- Court skills
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Mental Capacity Act
- Working with dementia
- Single assessement process
- Protection of vultnerable adults
A number of children’s social care courses were also developed as part of this project. For example, a course for safeguarding children and young people.
The initial contract with Liverpool City Council was for the provision of training for one year, but due to the success of the training LJMU delivered, additional courses have been requested for a further year.
The School of Applied Social and Community Studies worked with Liverpool City Council on this project.
- Nick Medforth
- Kate Hawtin
- Plus staff with expertise within applied social and community studies
- Liverpool City Council has been able to come to LJMU for a variety of different courses instead of having to use numerous training providers
- The Council has reported positive feedback from staff who attended the training
- The Council has worked in partnership with LJMU to develop additional courses to meet their needs
Academic and student benefits
- The contract generated over £300,000 income, which is to be put back into the School
- Over 40% of staff from the School are involved in the contract, which has enabled staff to develop and adapt their teaching skills to the training context
- The School has established a catalogue of training courses that can be rolled out as short courses and study days to potential clients
Work with us
How we handle your data
We will use the information in this form to process and respond to your request and to comply with our legal obligations.
For further information as to how we handle your data, please see the Information Compliance Privacy Notice.